Author Topic: Fayose to declare for president on Thursday  (Read 24 times)

Id Rock

• Global Moderator
Fayose to declare for president on Thursday
« on: September 27, 2017, 08:30:33 PM »
The Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose will on Thursday, formally declare his intention to run for president of Nigeria in 2019 under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), a statement from his media aide, Lere Olayinka, has said.

To be fair, the governor has never hidden his intentions to not just run for president but to do it in 2019. this is despite the fact that his party has zoned the presidential ticket to the North, with the South given the opportunity to produce the next chairman of the party.

In a letter to party leaders, Fayose said, “It is with deep sense of responsibility that I write to inform you of my intention to seek the ticket/mandate of our party to contest the 2019 Presidential election, considering your support and commitment towards our great party, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) it becomes imperative to keep you informed and seek your support.”

Why?: The governor said his ambition to run for president is “in the overall interest of his party and the country.”

What are his chances?: It’s too early to call. However the governor is bursting with Trumpian confidence. “I have a penchant for taking powers,” he said. “That one in Buhari’s hand, I will take it. I’m going straight to that Villa. I’m the next president.”

Event details:

Date: 28th September 2017Venue: Golden Hall, Chelsea Hotel, AbujaTime: 11am

- The Scoop NG

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2017, SimplePortal